Welcome to Department of
ToTo improve the qualities of integrity and honesty in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering and to inspire, energize, motivate and stimulate the creativity of the students.
- To ensure an academic environment conductive for achieving the highest levels of academic excellence in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- To strengthen the students to grow beyond the chosen discipline and to contribute their share for the development of nation.
About Department of Electronics and Communication
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was started with the idea of equipping young people with the necessary technical knowledge and professional skills needed to address the challenges in the rapidly growing field of Electronics and Communication Engineering and promoting research in this area. The department meets the growing requirement of practical design engineers in the country and abroad. The curriculum in Electronics and Communication Engineering, framed by Anna University, lays greater emphasis on design principles and development of Communication models, Signal Processing, Image processing, Embedded Systems and VLSI.
The major areas of faculty expertise of the department include Communication Systems, Computer Networks, Signal Processing, Image Processing & Computer Vision, Instrumentation, RF and Microwaves, VLSI Systems and MEMS. The department offers B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering and M.E in VLSI Design. The state-of-the-art laboratories, such as VLSI Design lab, Digital Signal Processing Lab, Circuits and Simulation Lab, Communication Systems Lab, Computer Networks Lab and Embedded Systems Lab complement the high standards set by the competitive syllabus and nurture the inclination of the students towards Research and Development, besides giving them the necessary and sufficient backing of practical knowledge that they need. The Department provides access to high end software like Xilinx, Mentor Graphics and MATLAB. Technical co-curricular and extra-curricular activities of the students include participation in Paper Presentation, Workshops, Seminars, Quiz, Technical competitions, Project Display and participation in cultural activities channelized through various clubs and events in the institution. A strong positive reputation of the department pulls tier-one companies for campus recruitment. Those candidates desiring to pursue further studies are doing immensely well in their respective fields. The qualities inculcated in students make them not only good engineers but also good human beings
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts, basic theories of science and fundamental Engineering concepts for solving complex Engineering problems.
- Ability to identify, formulate and analyze the complex Engineering problems using mathematical and science concepts.
- Ability to find solutions to complex Engineering problems that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health, safety, culture, society and environment.
- Ability to apply research based knowledge and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusion.
- Ability to predict and model the complex Engineering activities by creation, selection and application of suitable techniques and Engineering tools.
Name of the Laboratory
| Electronics Laboratory – I
| Electronics Laboratory – II
| Digital Signal Processing Lab
| Microprocessor Laboratory
| Microwave & Optical Fiber Communication Laboratory
| VLSI Laboratory
| Radio Frequency Laboratory
| Electronic System Design Laboratory